Paul grew up in Eugene, Oregon and clearly picked up some of his father’s skills – his dad was a multi-trade craftsman who built log homes. His family is very musical (he says just about everyone sings, plays piano and guitar), and in high school, Paul taught himself to play guitar, piano, harmonica, banjo, bass, mandolin and drums. He went on to earn his bachelor’s degree in exercise and sport science from Concordia University in Portland.
Paul works in the body department were he builds, binds and finals the bodies of Bedell guitars, and he takes great pride in working for a company that believes in the ethical use of the earth’s resources. In his spare time, Paul can be found working on his own line of electric guitars, tinkering in his garage inventing stuff, or hanging out with his lovely wife, Kristine.
- FAVORITE SCENIC VIEW IN OREGON?
- Multnomah Falls (off I-84).
- FAVORITE WEEKEND GETAWAY IN THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST?
- Netart’s Bay.
- ONE THING EVERY VISITOR TO OREGON STATE MUST DO?
- Go to a Timber’s game in Portland.
- PREFERRED MODE OF TRANSPORTATION?
- BIGGEST MUSICAL INFLUENCE?
- My brother. He taught me the blues.
- BEST LIVE SHOW YOU’VE EVER SEEN?
- Further, 2012 at the Cuthbert in Eugene, Oregon.
- FAVORITE ARTIST OF ALL TIME?
- Sergei Rachmaninoff
- BIG VICTORY YOU’RE PROUD OF?
- Qualifying for the Olympic trials in the javelin throw in college.
- MOST SENTIMENTAL THING YOU OWN?
- My grandfather’s vise.