Business Development Manager, Key Accounts
Reports to: General Manager
Location: Bend, OR
Do you have a passion for innovative and exquisite acoustic instruments? Do you want to be a part of a unique and dynamic company culture? Are you eager to collaborate with the MI industry’s retail leaders to get results?Two Old Hippies, LLC (Breedlove Guitars, Bedell Guitars and Weber Fine Acoustic Instruments) is looking for a business leader CoHippie to shepherd our most influential and sophisticated dealer accounts. This position owns the relationships with these dealers and functions as a category manager who ensures our channel partners achieve their sales, margin, turn, fill-rate and gross margin ROI goals.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
The Business Development Manager, Key Accounts is responsible for assortment planning and merchandising and will coordinate events and promotions with channel partners in order to get maximum exposure to increase sell-through. The position will work to empower retailers through in-store sales training, product merchandising and programs to engage consumers in stores, in print and online. Market information will be gathered and analyzed to rally resources around instruments to further engage consumers in all channels.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
· Driven, energetic, creative and performance-oriented
· Business background with successful track record
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
· Ability to work effectively with people in various business disciplines
· Online, catalog and retail merchandising experience
· Supply management and finance experience
· B2B and/or B2C marketing experience
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Stringed instrument/musical instrument background highly recommended
· Ability to demonstrate instruments strongly preferred
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
This position is anticipated to be a mix of 75% travel and 25% in office.
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary history in pdf or Microsoft Word format to Suzie Abbott. Please put “BDM-Key Accounts” in the subject line.
NOW HIRING INTERNATIONAL WOOD BUYER
Two Old Hippies is seeking an international wood buyer with experience procuring musical tonewoods. This position will be responsible for managing, procuring and sourcing musical tonewoods for Two Old Hippies (TOH). Responsibilities including traveling internationally and domestically to visit mills, suppliers, and other wood sources to inspect facilities for legal, ethical, and sustainability concerns, to build relationships and to negotiate pricing and contracts. The wood buyer will represent TOH in the musical instrument tonewoods community and stay informed as to domestic and global activities, legislation, treaties, etc., that may impact the TOH wood supply. Prior experience purchasing acoustic/musical tonewoods is required.
The main responsibilities of this job include:
• Wood planning, budgeting, procurement, and inventory
• Vendor interaction
• Development of procedure for chain-of-custody for each specific tonewood set.
• Liaison for USA and international governmental entities
To be successful in this position you need the following qualifications:
• Minimum of 3 years experience working with acoustic tonewoods.
• Identifying, classing and grading the species and woods.
• Purchasing from wood sources, mills, and other international and domestic suppliers with the ability to negotiate contract pricing.
• Experience buying directly from mills, to specific dimensional and grading requirements.
• Highly knowledgeable of international business practices, import documentation, and all regulations for the import and export of fine tonewoods, especially CITES permits and the Lacey Act.
• Above-average oral and written communication skills: Must have a proven track record of communicating well with a diverse group of suppliers and stakeholders.
• Organized and diligent with feedback to suppliers, and able to manage and provide clear and timely communication.
• A global citizen, comfortable with international travel, sensitive to the requirements of different local customs and able to communicate with vendors of any nationality.
Must be computer proficient (PC), with intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience working in SAP or a similar MRP system is desired.
Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
Bilingual or multilingual is desired
ABOUT TWO OLD HIPPIES
Two Old Hippies Stringed Instruments is located in Bend, Oregon. Three distinctive stringed-instrument brands live and breathe beneath the Two Old Hippies umbrella: Bedell Guitars, Breedlove Stringed Instruments and Weber Mandolins.
ABOUT BEDELL GUITARS
Bedell Guitars is the culmination of Tom Bedell’s lifelong passion for music. As a teenager in the ‘60s, Tom founded the original incarnation of Bedell Guitars, which consisted of two music stores and his own line of Bedell guitars. Tom sold the company before heading off to college, but now Bedell Guitars is back and better than ever. Returning to his love of musical instruments, Tom is producing a line of spectacular, authentic and timeless instruments, all made exclusively in the U.S.A.
If you have both the interest and the qualifications we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume via Email